Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Inner Geek...

Back in the old days I tried really hard to be a cool person and talk up and have a lot of friends. But in the last few years I've had so much school work and personal stress that I just couldn't afford the mental energy it takes to work up the courage each and every day to say something a little louder and take a chance on talking to someone who might not like you very much. So I just kinda blocked people out. Except my close friends.

So, one of my closest friends that I made while I was in my "I'm going to try to be less shy" phase, she was a new kid so I easily befriended her. Well she is just about the total opposite of me, we fight so much it's a wonder we've been friends this long. She became actually kind of popular. Don't get me wrong, this is no news for me. About 4 years ago, me and these two other girls ruled the whole grade. But enough about that, so my friend, let's just call her Hayden. So Hayden definitely noticed that I got "more" shy, and tried to help me out. Here's what has happened:

So she knows me really, really well. I kept telling her I didn't have a crush on anyone this year, but nevertheless she guessed dead right that I liked this kinda popular guy whom girls have been drooling over after he got his braces off. (I liked him even when he had braces, just saying.) So she started telling me that since I sit right next to him in 3 classes that if I started dressing better then he might like me. She made me stop wearing tee shirts and baggy jeans and start wearing skinny jeans and tighter shirts. I also conditioned my hair more and straightened it in the morning. (It made it really silky!)

I thought there was absolutely no hope for me and this boy that I liked no matter how much I "do myself up". Well, apparently Hayden happened to be good friends with him. And apparently he has liked someone for the last half of the year. And apparently she was friends with Hayden.

For a long time I thought it could never be me, and you know why? Two reasons: 1. I'm too shy and unpopular, and 2. How could he know that I'm friends with Hayden? She practically ignores me at school and ditches me for her "cooler" friends!

Well school ended a few weeks ago and Hayden is starting to hang out more with me and less with her annoying middle-popular besties. So we just had a sleepover at my dad's house after my little brother's birthday party. I really really wanted Hayden to sleepover but I felt really sick. Luckily, I began feeling a little better so she slept over anyway. (but as it turned out later, I had strep.)

So she was texting the guy I like for about an hour, since he is her friend. It turns out he likes....



...Me....?

No comments:

Post a Comment